Tuesday, October 27, 2009

R.I.P. Easy Bake 2.0


Well, that didn't last long. Last night Gene was toasting some tortillas for our dinner and I heard a very loud, "Sh#t, Sh#t, Sh#t" coming from the kitchen. I rush in, immediately thinking he had chopped off a finger or maimed himself when I saw our beloved new easy bake engulfed in flames. Okay, maybe this part was a slight exaggeration, but the easy bake was definitely flame-filled and our poor tortillas were reduced to ash. As I stood there trying to comprehend exactly what was going on, Gene said, "Open the balcony door, quickly!" He carried the exploding oven to the porch and I just kept thinking, I'm not sure if this is a smart idea.. Anyways, after a few intense seconds the fire was extinguished and the apartment complex did not go up in flames, whew. As we walked back in to the apartment Gene asked, "Can I have my old oven back? It never did that." So, we're back to using the grease-covered easy bake of old. However, this incident made me grateful that I bought way too much renter's insurance. You never know when you're easy bake is going to explode..

No comments:

Post a Comment