Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween and such..


This weekend turned out to be very fun and eventful. We spent most of Saturday with Gene's family celebrating the baptism of one of his little nieces. All of the family was there, including Gene's 3 sisters, their 7 kids, and a bunch of cousins with their kiddos. It was a good time hanging out with his family and seeing his cousins who I don't see that often aside from when we run in to each other at comedy shows (his cousin E is a HILARIOUS comic who performs at comedy shows all across Denver). Any-who, my favorite was hanging out with his little niece, Cindy Lou Hoo who only ever wants to eat (we have this in common). I looked over from the living room and saw the little two-year old on her tippy toes trying to get a handful of chips off the counter. I made it there before she dumped the whole bowl on her head.

After hanging out with Gene's family we went over to P and A's house for some Halloween cocktails. Ever the perfect hostess, P had created some awesome cocktails complete with dry ice and orange food coloring. She even dressed up her incredibly pissed off cats, one was tigger, the other was a devil. Tigger was pretty hilarious to watch because whenever the hood with tigger's head on it was placed over his head he freaked out and starting running backwards to escape. He also sat in the corner for some time peering out of the corner of his eye at the tigger head that had fallen across his shoulder. Poor thing, he was convinced he had somehow grown a head over night. The devil kitty just sat completely still and refused to move, until of course Lola (their golden retriever) would walk by and then she'd swat the crap out of her. She seemed to like me which Gene thought was hysterical because I am not a fan of cats (they scare the poo out of me, you never know what they're going to do and all of sudden they attack your face--true story, and no, I don't want to talk about it). I think she liked me because I had a really sweet cat costume on. Pictures to come.

After P and A's we headed off to our Devotchka concert at the Boulder Theater. It was a lot of fun and a great show. My favorite costume was the guy dressed up as lego man. Gene half-assed the costume portion of the evening, all I could convince him to wear was a pair of mouse ears to go with my much more elaborate cat costume. Oh, well.

Sunday we spent most of the day watching football (Boo Broncos, Yay Vikings) and just relaxing. Hope you had a Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment