Monday, October 19, 2009

$40 oil change != $400 bill


I took my car in to the shop today to get the tires rotated and my oil changed. I had a panic on Friday when I couldn't remember the last time it had been to the shop. Oops. Any-who, when I took it in of course I couldn't just get a simple oil change and be on my way. Of course not! Apparently, I had 2 large bubbles in my snow tires (note: not meant to be driven all year long, I'm just that poor) which required that I get two new tires. I was pretty sure they were trying to rip me off until he brought them in for me to see and there they were, two big dents in my tires, which according to the shop man, "Isn't good." So, with few options other than replace the tires or buy 4 new but maybe cheaper tires I bought the damn tires. $300 for two tires. Dammit. I also had to pay for the oil change and the labor on the two tires (um, if you are rotating the tires, don't they all have to come off any ways? Apparently not). All in all a very expensive Monday. As a result, I am pinching pennies for the next two weeks. It's going to be a long two weeks. Grr. Guess this should teach me to take my car in regularly and not drive around on snow tires the entire year but it probably won't...

No comments:

Post a Comment