Monday, October 12, 2009

Lots of Football and a Swanky Wedding..


This weekend was quite exciting. First, I was supposed to attend a work conference in Evergreen on Saturday morning. However, when I ventured out in the freezing cold (it was about 18 degrees when I left) I should have guessed that this was not a smart decision. About 3 miles in to my trip I came across 5 different accidents, 3 roll-overs, and almost got smashed by a skidding SUV all within a stretch of about 1 1/2 miles. C-470 was fine until we came across a patch of black ice. Thank goodness for the apprehensive Prius in front of me that was driving about 30 when everyone else was driving 60. As we were all slowing down for yet another accident up the road, not the one that was right next to us with an overturned car and 3 cars off in the shoulder, I saw a SUV screaming down the shoulder towards all of the wreaked cars on the side of the road. He slammed in to one of the cars and spun out, very narrowly missing my rear bumper. I think everyone was okay but there were at least 5 accidents in a very short stretch of C-470. Luckily, when I called my boss to say I was going to be very late, C-470 was hardly moving at this point, she gave me the okay to turn around and head for home.

Following that morning adventure Gene and I headed out for a swanky wedding at St. Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church followed by a reception at the Denver Art Museum. After a last minute dress exchange, the dress I bought was appropriate for an October wedding in Austin NOT Colorado (old habits die hard), we headed downtown for a fun night of celebrating, dancing, and a little bit of drinking. :-) The church was absolutely gorgeous and it was a very nice abbreviated Catholic service. The bride, a friend of Gene's from work, looked gorgeous and I loved how all the groomsmen wore custom converse sneakers. Following the ceremony we headed to the Denver Art Museum for a very swanky reception, filled with good food and an awesome 80s cover band. My favorite part was when the bridesmaids/groomsmen all entered the reception hall by dancing down some very dramatic stairs. All in all it was a great night. Congrats to the happy couple!

Yesterday, we spent the day watching football with good friends. Always nice to see the Broncos doing well! And of course, Hook 'Em!

No comments:

Post a Comment