Friday, October 23, 2009

No longer a Texas Ex


Exciting update! I received news that I got accepted to the University of Texas Graduate School 'o Social Work this week. WOOHOO. And by "received news" I mean that I got a cryptic e-mail from the financial aid office that said they were beginning to process my FAFSA. This seemed odd because I just got an e-mail from them saying that they could not process my financial aid until I was accepted in to the program. I started getting excited because I thought maybe this meant I got accepted so after a LOT of digging on the Texas site I found out I was accepted. Seems a little odd since I received a status update e-mail every time something changed in my application (letter of reference was received, transcript issues) so you would think that they'd send me an e-mail saying p.s. you got in. Whatever, I'm thrilled regardless. The program starts in January so I will be Austin bound in no time. It's a little bittersweet to be leaving Denver, mainly because Gene isn't thrilled to be moving to Austin but it's going to be a nice change. I'm really looking forward to no longer being a Texas Ex and starting (another) grad school. I'm also excited about the football. Really excited about the football. WOOHOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment